Disney Day plan of attack

February 11, 2019

A day is nearing that many Master’s students are thrilled for—a day most students wait all year to experience. On Disney Day, students have the day off from classes, and many of them head down to Disneyland for the day because the school sells tickets for $55, half the price of a normal ticket.

As Disney Day is approaching, students do different things to prepare, whether that is planning car rides to get to Anaheim or making sure to be the first in line for the Matterhorn Bobsleds.

Katie Seitz is a freshman majoring in communication, who has been to Disney World 13 times and has been to Disneyland five times. Seitz is excited to go again.

Every time she visits Disney World or Disneyland, Seitz says her favorite tradition is to get beignets, a French pastry made from fried dough, eaten hot and sprinkled with powdered sugar.

“I really enjoy the beignets because they are fluffy and warm,” Seitz said.

Seitz isn’t the only person excited for the food in Disneyland.

“I am super excited to go on the ship at Disneyland, and I also really like going to the Mexican restaurants when I’m there,” said Davies Kalange, a freshman majoring in biology.

Another staple of Disneyland food is their turkey legs, which Disney veteran Tatiana Rebolledo is looking forward to.

“I’ve been to Disneyland six times,” said Rebolledo, a freshman majoring in political science. “I am looking forward to buying a turkey leg. I am extremely excited to go this time and experience it with my college friends.”

Disney Day offers students not only a chance to get off the campus, but a chance to make and strengthen friendships.

“Two years ago it was my first semester here, and I had gone to Disney Day, and it was also my first time going,” said Juan David Moncayo Penafiel, a junior majoring in kinesiology. “I had met some new friends that day that I still keep in contact with.”

However, Disney Day is not for everyone. Nathaniel Brill, a junior majoring in Bible exposition, is choosing not to attend Disney Day.

“I use this day to do work,” Brill said. “I’ve gone to Disneyland, I don’t like the idea of missing classes to go to a park, and it’s free if I don’t go. Those three things have me very convinced to not go and stay here and do more work.”

According to Brill, he and some of his friends who work in the library will stay at school and do homework together.

The Mane • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in